Thursday, August 30, 2012

School has Started

        Well, fall is here. School has started and this means more blogging! I am currently sitting in a hallway at school waiting for my class to start. I didn't really get the schedule I wanted, but that is ok. I am taking three classes this semester.
                 My first class is business law...and my first day there I felt like El Woods from 'Legally Blonde'. People were throwing all sorts of words around that I had never heard before. This class may be challenging for me!  This class also starts at 7 AM! Yes, 7 AM! I am usually up early, but there are a few factors that go into making this time not a good time for me to take a class. The great thing is that I get AWESOME parking!  Front row baby! Anyway, on to the bad factors of a 7 AM class.
              1. I live in Herriman. I have to leave my house at 6:15 am...which means I wake up around 5         am so I can get ready.
              2. I now have a dog that I have to take care of as well. This adds to the stress in the morning.
              3.  Do you know what the people of Herriman are doing at 6 AM? Oh, I do. They are riding bikes and running! Who does that! I know...and I knwo because I almost hit a lady this morning! Its too dark outside...please wait for the sun to come up!
        My second class is called Business communication. I didn't really know what this class consisted of until the first day. This class is all about typing and emailing to businesses. Don't worry, we have to take spelling quizzes! Here I am, almost 27 and taking spelling quizzes, which of course I fail! Ha ha..fml. Ok, not fail, but I miss spell some words...but I guess we all do. I am looking forward to this class. I know it will be very helpful to me in the business world.
         Then, I have a break because I couldn't get in a ten o'clock class and so my next class starts at 11:30. This class is microeconomics. The teacher said the first day that this class was going to be ahrd. Ugh...stupid! Oh well, I had already bought the book and I didn't want to take an acct class, so I am going to stay. The class is large, the only downfall, is that most of the assignments are due online. I hated my English classes because all I did was read, but now I think I might want that again because now I have assignments due with letter grades. You cant really grade on reading. Oh well.
      My last class gets out at 12:45 and I don't have to be to work until two, so I get some down time...which I need after getting up super early.  Oh, and remember how I said parking was awesome in the morning...that's not the case for people that come later in the day. I almost caused an accident the other day while pulling out of the parking lot. And when I say I almost caused it...I mean the five cars fighting for my spot almost caused an accident! Now I know why most people are parked backwards when I get to school. Maybe I will start doing that. What I really would like to do though is ride the bus. I even bought a bus pass...but the bus leaves Draper at 5:41 AM and gets to the school way too early. Its not worth it for me to take the bus.
           Well, I'm excited to be back in school. I hope this semester is good and I don't want to kill myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment