Thursday, June 14, 2012

Airport:)

Well, it has been a while since I have blogged. There are a few reasons for this. The first reason is that I don't spend time on my computer now because I don't have to.  When I was going to school, I always had my computer with me because I needed it. Now that school is out, I don't need my computer as much. The second reason is my life has gotten slightly boring now that I have Brutus. We wake up between six and seven everyday. I take him out to go 'potty' and to eat. We play until he poops and then I take him inside so I can get ready for work. I work and then I come home and and feed Brutus and then we just sit outside. Brutus is not allowed in the house...or more so the upstairs. My dad doesn't want him to poop on the carpet. So, we are either in the basement or outside. The plus side to this is I have a pretty great natural tan now:) Anyway, the reason I am blogging now is because I am at the airport:) This weekend is the Gillentine annual family reunion in Sweetwater, TN. I  took Friday off of work and was planning on flying out Thursday night...but that dang flight filled up and so I wouldn't be able to fly out on standby! I looked at other options. One was to trade shifts with someone, work Thursday until two and then drive to Vegas and fly from Vegas to Boston to Charlotte and then drive FIVE hours to TN. That wasn't looking like a good option anymore so my awesome co-workers all pitched in and I was able to get Thursday off as well! I was pretty excited.  So, I turned once again to Priceline:)  I found a flight from St. George to Nashville for under $400 PLUS a car....BUT I would have two lay overs and wouldn't get to TN until the next day. So, I kept looking and finally broke down and bid for my flight. I was able to get a flight for around $400. I leave SLC at 4 PM and then I will have one lay over in Chicago and then fly to Nashville where I only have to drive a few hours to Sweetwater. This trip now gives me two full days with my family.  This reunion is more important than the one previous because it is also my Great Grandma's 90th birthday and my Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. So, this will be an expensive trip, but it will be well worth it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment