Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tennessee

This past weekend I went to Tennessee. It was SO much fun! I sure love going to the South. Its a different kind of world down there. Getting there was a little stressful though. My flight left Salt Lake at 3:40 pm. I landed in Chicago later that night. I am pretty sure I figured out where Hell is. Its the Chicago Airport.  I like to think I am a decent traveler, but I didn't do so well in that airport. When I got off the plane, I checked the flight board. I am pretty smart when it comes to this because I know that there are always gate changes...and sure enough...there was. I walked for probably 15 minutes to my new gate. On the way there, I walked thru a dark tunnel with these awful bright flashing lights. There is where I decided Hell must be. I sure hated it there! When I finally reached my gate and was all settled in, there was ANOTHER gate change! This makes #3. I went to the bathroom and when I returned back to the gate, the plane was being loaded, so I got in line. Oh...don't worry. That was the WRONG flight! I felt like a fool. The gate agent got on the intercom and mentioned my mis-hap and I was of course embarrassed.  THEN our flight was delayed because the toilet was broken on our plane. After an hour or so, they asked if we wanted to wait for the toilet to get fixed or just fly with a broken toilet.  We ended up flying and instead of getting in Nashville at 10, I got there at midnight! Then I had a three hour drive to Sweetwater. The drive was actually pretty nice. I ended up getting there around 4 am. I know, pretty awesome:/ While there, I visited with family, got a pedicure, went antiquing, to the flea market, and of course, the family reunion. It was a very much needed trip. I had a really great time and enjoyed spending time with my family that I see every few years:)

 This is a picture of my Grandma and Grandpa Ott, my Uncle Darrin and his wife with their four kids, my Unckle Donnie and his wife, and my uncle Danny. My Great Grandma has a lot of kids...like seven or nine. This is just one of the kids (my grandma) and her family.


 This is me and my Great Grandma Gillentine. She is 90 years old!


 Every year they play a game called 'Corn Hole'. This year my Great Uncle won. Chris was the three year reigning champ. Here he is passing the trophy over. Don't worry, that is an ear of corn on there.


 This was delicious food:) Pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw, beans, macaroni salad, and a peanut butter cup cup cake. DELICIOUS!


 My mom, my cousin, and me at the Flea Market. Instead of saying 'cheese', we said 'howdy' and this lady said, 'ya'll talk weird'. Hmmm...no.


 I know this picture is blurry, but its pretty awesome. My mom is wearing her Mitch and Glen shirt and I have my Choot Em shirt from Swamp People. Yeah...we like that. 


BEST PEDICURE EVER! I loved getting this pedicure. It was my favorite...but I cant go there anymore since its in another state. Maybe I will just move down there:)

No comments:

Post a Comment