Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Mid-Life Crisis....or not?

So, I have been kind of sad the last little while. My co-workers and friends have noticed this. I know why...or at least I think I know why. Anyway, I didn't know how to get out of it. I was trying to stay busy, but that didn't work. So, I thought I would try new hobbies or activities. So...I started to watch the bachelorette. On the first episode they introduced the guys and some had dogs. One guy had a bulldog so I got it in my head that I wanted to bulldog too. So, I asked my mom if I could get one. My parents have always said, NO MORE PETS because we already have two dogs and a cat...plus lots of little kids. To my surprise, she said YES! My mom had one growing up and she loved him. So, I started looking at pictures and I got my sister interested and so that is where it all began.

 Introducing Brutus the Bulldog Baxter!




 His toys and dog dish at 6 AM! I think I may train him to have a better sleeping schedule! However, last night he slept from 10-5. So, I shouldn't complain.

 This is when I decided to get him:) When we were looking, all these puppies cost a lot of money! I couldn't afford one. Well, I guess that is a lie. I could, but I didn't want to fork out the money for a dog. In fact, I didn't even like dogs...but I wanted this one. Weird.


 Brutus helped us in the yard one day....but not really. He just kept trying to eat my dads gloves. Ha ha.


 This is how he sleeps. Weird.


He also loves to eat pants and flip flops. The goal is to get him to learn how to skate board. I tried once, but he is only 8 weeks old, so I may just have to give him more time.

Since getting Brutus, my co-workers have commented how happy I am. I tell them that Brutus is my emotional support. Its rough having the responsibility of a dog, but he is worth it. He is SO stink'n cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment