Sunday, July 7, 2013

Dating....or lack there of

So, in one of my earlier posts, I talked about how much I hate holidays because it is a constant reminder that I am single. I have no prospects. The dating world is kinda bleak. I know people think I may 'date' a lot. BUT, as I thought about it this weekend, I have realized that I have been asked out by a boy in person only five times my whole life. 

1. I got asked to Prom my senior year. Mind you that this was the first dance I was EVER asked too.
2. I was asked out by a guy in my college apartment. It was a ward activity where you had to bring someone in the ward. My date was in charge of it...so I didn't even see him.
3. Then, there was a guy named Nahinu from my college ward. We went out, but I didn't think he was interested in me. We did go out a few times. I didn't think it was anything until my roommate (trying to console me) told he that he said that "Megan isn't the kind of girl you date to date, but the kind of girl you date to marry". Oh, that is sweet...but then he added something like "but her weight would get in the way" So..he didn't want to date me because I am fat. Ugh.
4. I went out with this guy named Neil. He was nice and attractive. The date was at a BYU event. It was kinda weird...and it got even weirder when boy #3 showed up and became part of the date. Then, the next day at church, he made sure that guy #4 knew he liked me. Kinda awkward.
5. Then, there was a quadriplegic guy. He was funny. We went to Salt Lake. The sidewalk was closed, so he asked me to walk in the road so if a car came, it would hit me and not him. Yup, true story.

So, other than that...I have dated guys from online and a few blind dates. Nothing that has stuck. Dating is very discouraging, especially when you are 'fat'. I told this to a guy once I was meeting online and he sent me the picture below. He makes a good point...but unfortunately, boys/men don't think like this.




SO, in the mean time, I will keep these two saying in mind. That I will have to date a lot of guys, meet some guys that suck and break my heart, but when I find the one, I will not even think of the guys from my past that I didn't mean anything too.





No comments:

Post a Comment