Thursday, September 26, 2013

August Monster Trucks

In the summer, we usually go through monster truck withdraws. After March, we don't see monster trucks until August at Rocky Mountain Raceway. We go with a lot of our family members. Aunts, cousins, siblings, 2nd cousins, and whoever else wants to go. It sure is fun. We usually dress up. So, we went as red-necks as usual, but with awesome glasses this time.
 I just thought Gray looked SO cute! Haha..he is just a little bad-A.

 This is my cousin Jenny, Aunt Karen, Cousin Kylee, and some of our family in the background.

 Me and my sister. I know, we are neat. Don't judge.

 The moon was super cool...and by moon...I mean SUN. There was a fire in Tooele.

 The body of the Big Foot trucks were bad ass. I really liked them. Here they are starting the race. 


We sit where the trucks make their turn. It get pretty intense because you think that you might get hit by a truck...but we don't. 

 And, this is the finish line. The orange one truck...unless this is only the first lap..in that case, I don't know. They usually do two laps around. So, lets just pretend this is the second lap.
 Yup, the orange truck won.

 Freestyle. We call this truck 'the other brother'. Our first year at Monster Jam, we met these twins that race. This is one of the brothers racing. They were both there. I think this truck is called "Double Trouble".

 Bounty Hunter. This is probably one of my favorite trucks. I just LOVE it. It is probably because I saw him once at ESA and his comments were funny...but it wasn't Jimmy driving, it was someone else. SO...I just like the truck even though I know the drivers are different.

 Free style air. Yeah buddy.



Now, this jump is tricky. This truck obviously made it over the jump. However, most of the other trucks thought they would take the jump from the other side. Well..the first truck (one of the brothers) took it and his truck got stuck. BUT, after some stuff, he was able to get free and finish the race. Well, apparently this means that men and their testosterone need to show other men that their trucks can make the jump. So, Maverick Monster Trakker tried...and failed. They had to get the tractor for him (I think) and one more truck maybe two tried this SAME JUMP THAT EVERYONE ELSE WAS GETTING STUCK ON AND THEY WOULD GET STUCK!! So, free style this year was lame. No one lost their tires, no one caught fire, no on popped tires, and no one crashed. They just got stuck on this stupid jump. Lame.

But, really, it was fun. AND, luckily for me, I was able to ride a monster truck the night before at the Salt Lake County fair because the ride truck couldn't make this even. 

No comments:

Post a Comment