Sunday, January 8, 2012

Monster Trucks

I know that not everyone loves monster trucks like I do, but that is ok. This monster truck show was held at the Maverick Center in West Valley. I bought tickets to all three shows. The first show I went with my 'monster truck boyfriend' and that was probably my favorite. Not just because I went with someone that enjoys monster trucks like I do, but because we had AWESOME seats!  We sat in the center of the arena on the tenth row. Totally worth the $28.The show was great...but I think that even better than the monster trucks were the 'tough trucks'. I will try to post a video of that because it made me laugh SO hard. Basically it was just normal guys taking their trucks around a course with some jumps. Kind of hard to explain, but hopefully the video I will post later will give everyone some insight to it. Anyway, the first show was great. 
       The second show we sat on the upper level, but center arena. Chad, Jeni, Cody (his first ever show), Grayson, Michelle, Me, and my friends Joe and Emilio came to this show. I am sure this show would have been great, EXCEPT that Big Foots lost shock, Maverick Monster Trakkers transmission blew, Dare Devil broke and I don't know what happened to him. That left one truck left. Luckily, that truck (Ghost Ryder) didn't break...but had a close call when a Ford Bronco doing the 'tough truck' competition run into it. Luckily, it only hit the tire. So, I took pretty much everyone to that show...and it wasn't too great. A lot of the 'tough trucks' were damaged the night before so there were not too many of them the next day either. AND this show was going to be known for the Ed Beckly motorcycle jump. I guess he hasn't done this jump since 1994...so it was going to be huge. Well...he got hurt Friday afternoon during practice, so he was a no show:( I want to say he has a bruised kidney, bruised lung, and internal bleeding. 
      I was so tired by the time the third show came around, I didn't want to go, but I just had to. So, Grayson and I went to the last show. We got there as they started. We found our seats and were ready for the show to start. They fixed Big Foot and the Maverick Monster Trakker, however, Dare Devil was still down. This show started out awesome and then Grayson said, "I want to go home and see my mom". Well, when you have a three year old that wants to go home, you have to leave. So, we left at intermission. I was sad because Saturday night is always the best. My 'monster truck boyfriend' text me and said the show was pretty good, but his camera broke so he didn't get any pictures:(. So, all in all, Friday was my favorite, I really enjoyed Monster Trucks and I am excited for next month when they will be at the ESA for the 30th anniversary for Grave Digger!


This is the Dare Devil truck. It's a brand new truck. The driver that is in the purple and black owns this truck and Ghost Ryder. Each truck is worth 200K. Talk about expensive! He used to drive Ghost Ryder. Now he has this new truck that seemed pretty awesome until it broke. Anyway, the driver who drives Ghost Ryder was brand new...as in Friday night was his first time driving...so he was definitely the underdog.



 This is the front of Big Foot. The driver is in the blue bent down. He was SUPER cute. I may start to follow him. I guess he broke his back a year ago. Anyway, the kid to the right that is cut off is my 'monster truck boyfriend'. I was too nervous to take his picture. He dressed like a cowboy. Ha ha...he is SO cute!
 Another Big Foot picture. Just ignore the lady talking on her phone and the guy bending down.
 These are all four trucks that raced.

 Here is Monster Trakker and Ghost Ryder racing. Remember how I said that Ghost Ryder was a brand new driver?  Well, it showed. Don't judge. BUT, his was the only truck that didn't break.
 What a nice looking truck!
 Really the show was for these two. This is before they raced. Big Foot won..but by inches. When I had the side by side picture of them, you couldn't see the Big Foot, just Monster Trakker.
 Our local hero truck.
 Emilio said he wanted to dress 'white trash'. He looked more like a newspaper boy from "Newsies".
 Grayson. He just loved everything. His hair is monster truck inspired. When he came out of the bathroom this guy said, 'looks like that hair cut is that of a future monster truck driver'. We call it his Grave Digger hair cut, even though its more like Mohawk Warrior.
 This was Cody's first monster truck experience. He LOVES to watch them on the computer and I am slowly starting his monster truck collection. Anyway, he loved it!
 We had to watch him closely so he wouldn't fall.
 This was Saturday night. This race was pretty awesome. What nice trucks!
Then after the finish line, they were face to face and were revving their engines to each other. Pretty awesome if you are into monster trucks:)

No comments:

Post a Comment