Sunday, January 1, 2012

Phone Guy

So, here is another story. Ha ha...I am full of them. So, the other night I was supposed to go out with the guy that called me ALL the time. I mean, he quit calling for a while and I thought he got the hint because I didn't answer and I didn't call him back. Well, he started calling again and in his voice message he left his number. Oh dear. Hmmm....now that I am writing this post, I don't know if I should continue because it makes me sound like a "B" word. Woops. So...don't judge me on this one. Anyway, we were going to meet up in SLC. Earlier that day I got a text from one of my good friends asking if they could bribe me to come to their house and he would have a 12 pack of Dr Pepper and make me dinner. Well...not only did the bribe work, I love spending time with them and being at their house....so I said if my date didn't work out, I would go over. Anyway, I didn't want to go out with this guy, but I told him I would. Oh, here is a side note. My niece, Madison, had put up fliers around the house that said, 'come see Madison with your problems. 5 cents." and then on the paper was another paper that said, 'bring this flier in for a discount'. So, I went to Madison with my problems. I told her that there is a boy that keeps asking me out and if I should ignore him or just tell him. This was her response, "if you don't tell him, we wont ever know. If you do tell him, you will hurt his feelings, so have someone else tell him". Smart words coming from a seven year old. Anyway, on my way to Salt Lake, I sent him a text (while not driving of course because that is illegal) and told him I was close. He sent me a text and said he was close too. So, I found a spot that wasn't a spot but I parked there because the parking lot was packed!! I sent him a text and said I was there...and I didn't hear anything from him. I am not 100% sure what he drives, but I think I know. Anyway, I told my one friend if this boy didn't show up at a certain time, I would go have dinner with him and his brother (who happens to be the boy I love from my previous bar story). So, I think I see him drive up, but the way my car was parked, I was looking out at the road and not the parking lot. So, he called me but then it hung up. So, I called him and it went to voice mail twice. Well, I know that he has a stupid phone that doesn't work...so I decided to send him a text saying I waited for twenty minutes and called him and it went to voice mail, so I left. I went to my friends house (and yes, I did feel guilty), This guy called me later that night and he kept apologizing saying his phone died and he went into the restaurant twice and walked the parking lot and didn't find me. Bless his heart. He felt SO bad...and he wanted me to know that he didn't stand me up and he had no intention of standing me up. So, I went and I waited and I left. So, really, I stood him up, but not really. Yeah, this story does make me sound like a B word. Woops. Anyway, this is an update about him. Bless his heart. We are supposed to 'hang out' this week maybe...but I am also meeting my monster truck boyfriend at the Maverick Center to buy monster truck tickets too. This may be a busy week for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment