Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring Break!

Ok, so it wasn't really Spring Break for me, but we acted like it was:) So, the boys from Minnesota came out here for Alex's Spring Break. I took a week off of work for a little stay-cation and maybe didn't go to school either:/ It was a good week, filled with lots of adventure. I don't know how much I can tell you because 'What happens in Ramada Stays in Ramada'. There were many different sayings this week, and that was one of them. Bryan and Alex stayed in a Ramada hotel this week. Not a fancy hotel, but nice enough. Anyway, the first day here we went to The Gateway Mall and walked around, watched the fountain show, rode tracks, visited Temple Square, ate at Tucanos (which was their favorite) and had a 'bon-fire'. 


This was our fire. The ground was wet and we didn't want to get muddy, so we went to Shelby's Grandmas and had a little fire. As we were leaving, her dad showed up and when Shelby asked him what he was doing, he said he was looking for his registration. Hmmm...not normal. Ha ha...he wasn't really though, but that is what he said. He came to check the fire.

This was when Shelby and Bryan first met. They had some car issues and came later than expected so Shelby and I waited for them in the hotel room. Shelby was nervous....and so was I. Bryan came in and turned on the TV. It was a good time.

The next day we went to the Great Salt Lake and the capitol. There were only a few things Alex wanted to do....and that was pretty much it. The Great Salt Lake was fun. We went to Saltair.  I also wanted to take them to Antelope Island, but that didn't work out so well. We also went to Keys on Main that night. The boys sang a song. They sing. 


 This picture quality isn't great, but that's ok because it makes it look creepy. Ha ha. Shelby was posing and Alex was throwing rocks into the lake. He looks like he is going to knock her out and eat her. When we got out of the car, Alex asked me if he could throw a rock in the lake. Not a random thing at all.



I put my feet in the lake. It was FREEZING!

Wednesday we went to see the movie The Lorax. It was cute. I fell asleep for a minute though because I was tired from playing so hard!  I think we all were though....which means it was a successful Spring Break?

Thursday I don't know what we did. In fact, after Tuesday, I don't know what order we did things. I think we went bowling...and I won:)  We also went to The Pie?  I don't even remember. (I bowled the 144) We also went to Habits for some Karaoke. Good times.

Friday we went to the Zoo. Those boys were such good sports!








This is only funny because I was wearing my 'Swamp People' shirt that says 'Choot Em'. Ha ha...classic

So, that was my week. On Saturday we had breakfast and said our goodbyes. It was a sad day. I guess we will see what the future holds for all of us. Shelby and I may or may not go back to Minnesota. We don't really know yet. It will be interesting to see what the boys plan for us. Its hard to plan a trip for someone in your hometown, but they said they had a good time...

No comments:

Post a Comment