Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Great Salt Lake

The other day I wanted to try to fly out to California on my day off. To many people, this may sound crazy because who takes a day trip to California alone? This girl:) My mom works for an airline, so I can fly for free. This is a very nice benefit, however, the last few times I tried to fly out, the flights were too full. This has not made me happy. Well, one day I was bound and determined to go to the beach, so my sister and I went to the Great Salt Lake. There I had my beach, salt water, and SUN!  I did get some, and by some I mean a lot, of sun. I loved it! Grayson and I played in the water together skipping rocks and building sand castles. Michelle and Memphis stayed in the car because Memphis didn't like all the bugs:/
Over all though, it was a fun trip and I was glad I was able to go to the beach!


 The Great Salt Lake is known for their buffalo. We just took a picture.


The water at first was gross because of bugs and seagulls, but once you were in, the water was clear and pretty warm and of course, SALTY! Grayson hated getting salt in his mouth. 


 Michelle and Memphis.


 This looks like paradise, but the white sand is actually salt!


 This makes me want to go on a real fancy vacation!


 We were driving with our windows down looking at buffalo and a grasshopper came in the van and landed on my boobs! My camera was focused and so this is the picture that you get! I was probably screaming...woops!


 Don't worry, a buffalo walked right in front of our car. Totally not normal!


Me and my buddy. We ended up getting in a sand fight and it was SO fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment