Sunday, February 19, 2012

Boy Bands

So, I am sitting at a friends house in St. George Utah and I decided I wanted to listen to some music. I got on my trusted computer and got on YouTube. I usually listen to some country stuff....but this time I thought I would listen to 'Nsync. That opened a whole can of worms. Ha ha. I miss boy bands! I remembered the first time I heard 'Nsync. I was down in my room cleaning and I heard 'I Want You Back' and I thought is was New Kids On The Block coming back and I was SO excited...and then my radio turned off! I hurried to the radio freaking out, but luckily it turned back on. Silly radio turns off every hour. Anyway, my YouTube adventure started with 'Nsync and moved on to LFO, Hanson, Backstreet Boys, 98 degrees, 5ive, and probably my favorite, O-Town. I used to be so cool and knew everything about these guys. I knew what tooth paste they used, favorite color, and other really useless facts, but at the time, very important. I even flew out one time to Pennsylvania for free to see O-Town. I owned DVDs, cds, and my room was covered in posters! Some days, I would re-arrange my posters. I spent all my money buying little teenage girl magazines. I still have many of them in a box of remeberance things I am keeping to show my little chitlins on day so they will know some good quality music (and maybe how cool their mom was). I don't think I have all my cds still, so its possible that I may do some shopping on ebay this weekend:) I remember when I was younger, there was a tv station called 'The Box' on channel 58. It didn't matter that we didn't have cable, we still had access to The Box. I would watch this station whenever I could. This station just played music videos, but people would have to call in and request a song. I would beg and plead for my parents to let to call in and request a song. Sometimes they said yes, but most of the time they said no. When they did say yes though, I was very excited. However, I think it was rigged because it wouldn't ever play what I requested:( I would get pissed, but then as I continued to watch The Box, I would watch people order the videos I loved and waited patiently until they came on. Now, all I have to do is turn my computer on or watch them on my new trusted smart phone:)  So great! This is one enjoyable memory lane trip:)

No comments:

Post a Comment