Saturday, February 25, 2012

Monster Trucks, ESA

So, most of you know, it was Monster Jam Weekend for me at the Energy Solutions Arena. Well, there were ups and downs, but overall, it was a GREAT show. I am definitely excited for Double Down in Las Vegas!!!

Friday Night:  Well, it started out to look like it would be a great night. I got off work early and so I wouldn't feel rushed to get to Salt Lake. Well, of course my excitement ended when I got a text from my brother Chad that said, "I was just at a bank robbery". Hmm, normal. Well, as it turns out, he really was. He went to a bank..actually a credit union...and as he was walking in, he opened the door for the person coming out and it was a guy in a mask...and he had just robbed the credit Union. So, my smart brother wrote down all the information he could, but since he was a witness, he had to stay and talk to the police.   Chad said that when he parked his truck, he parked crooked, but then decided to fix his parking job. If he hadn't, he probably would have been inside the credit union when it happened. That is a scary thought, but he is ok. Anyway, so Chad, Grayson, and Cody, and I went to Salt Lake to see monster trucks. Gray was so cute, and Cody of course loved it! He didn't say much during the show, but you know he loved it!  The show was good. Nothing too exciting happened.


 Greyson, Cody, and Chad
Cody just stood there the whole time watching. So cute!
 Here are all the trucks. Maverick Monster Trakker, The Felon, Max D, Grave Digger, Titan (aka Mr Wow), Wolverine, Northern Nightmare, and the incinerator. Pretty awesome trucks.
 This was me attempting to get a picture of me with the kids. 
 This was probably the most exciting thing Friday Night. Grave Digger hit the cars wrong and went into the wall. He was disqualified from this event.
 So, many of you have asked to see a picture of my 'monster truck boyfriend', well, here it is. Ha ha...I feel like such a stalker!!  He told me where he was sitting, so I just saw him. He is in the front row sitting by the stairs. However, he knew I saw him though because he ended up being on the jumbo tron later that night.
Chad and Cody with Grave Digger in the back ground. We obviously didn't have great seats...but that's ok. I had a good time. It smelled great and sounded great. My ears tickled a little. 


Saturday afternoon:  So, this first part of the story has to do with a later part of the story. I wanted my sister to come to the make up store with me and so by the time we left, things were stressful. Her kids didn't really want to go, but they had too. They were hungry and crying and it was just crazy. Anyway, 'monster truck boyfriend' asked me if I wanted to go to the Pit Party with him. I said I would, but that I was out and about, so I would meet him. We decided I would meet him at the trax off 7200 S. So, I hurried to do my makeup shopping and then my sister dropped me off. So, we rode up to Salt Lake in his awesome truck and talked about the night before monster truck show. When we got to Salt Lake, we got out of the truck and this little boy looked at 'monster truck boyfriend' and said, 'look mom, its the Grave Digger driver'. It was SO cute! Ha ha...he is always getting comments about his shirts. Now, he thinks his shirt is pretty rare, but I told him that I had seen them before, so its not that cool. Well, we had a bet. We at first bet $10. I bet that I would find someone with that shirt and he said that I wouldn't. Well, I didn't see one...so now I owe him $10 PLUS we added some to it. We also have to go to Texas Road House AND out somewhere else and I have to wear monster truck gear.  Yeah...it may be embarrassing. I like monster trucks a lot...but I don't ever wear monster truck gear. Well, it looks like I have to now. Anyway, the show was fun. It was me, monster truck boyfriend, and his four friends. I liked it. 



 This truck was pretty awesome. I will probably start watching this one.



Just some Chevy's:)  The yellow truck was hit several times by other monster trucks as they turned to hit the big jump. 


Saturday Night: I went with my friends Joe and Emilio. I was stressed because we got there late. Actually, that is a lie. We got there on time...THEY started early. I was very frustrated...but I had to tell myself that it was ok because I had already seen this show two times. Ha ha...I am just that cool. But really, its not the same show. I had a different experience at each show and in each seat. I'm just saying. Anyway, it was fun. It was by far the best of all three of the shows. During the intermission, I went looking for that stupid shirt my monster truck boyfriend wears and I ran into monster truck boyfriend. We talked for a minute, and then I had to go because I was on a mission. Well, then I ran into my cousins husband. We talked for a bit and then monster truck boyfriend walked by and I felt super awkward. So, when I saw him for the third time during intermission, I told him that was my cousin and he was going to help me look for that shirt...and he did. Thanks Nick!! Oh, and I am pretty sure monster truck boyfriend (I think I may refer to him as (MTB) was there by himself. Now, he is a true fan. Anyway, the show was great! 

Max D put on an awesome freestyle show. He went on his side, then flipped to the nose, sat there for a few seconds before he fell. It was pretty great.

Well, now, since my sister dropped me off to meet MTB, I needed a way to get home. I planned on taking the train to Daybreak and then I would be close to my house and my sister said she would pick me up. So, I got close and I text her to make sure she was coming and I was told she was. It was late and I was tired and thirsty and I knew she was probably tired because she goes to bed at 9:30. So, she sent me a text saying 6400. Now, this could mean two things. We live on 6000 West, so I thought she was there, but to come to find out, she met 6400 S...which is NO WHERE CLOSE TO WHERE I WAS. Well, my phone was dying so I called her. She said she was where she dropped me off at...which is really 7200 S. I felt SO bad. I was pretty sure I told her to pick me up in Day Break...which is right next to our house...so it would only make sense. She played a sob story saying that she was tired and had a headache and wasn't thinking. I was pissed because it was late and I was tired. So, she told me I would be there in 15 min. I told her I would try to call my brother and see if he would come and get me. I called him three times and he didn't answer. What a little shit. Anyway, I told my sister I would stand on the corner of the street waiting for her. I hoped my phone didn't die because then I would be screwed. Well, everyone, calm down. My sister WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME!!! She thought she would play a trick on me. However, she didn't was looking for me in what I left in, but Joe gave me a coat to wear, so she didn't see me get off the train. She figured something was wrong when she saw two other trains come and go. So, I sat on the corner of the street in the dark with a dying phone. She asked me how I didn't see her and my response was, 'why would I look for your car if you told me you were not even here". That makes sense to me. Anyway, all is well. I am now in my warm bed at my house and I had an awesome monster truck weekend:)



No comments:

Post a Comment