Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dating Update

Ok, so I have two stories for my dating update. Update number one. I finally told the 'rose guy' that I wasn't interested. And when I said I wasn't interested, what I told him was that I didn't see us getting married (not that it got to that point, but I mean, if I wasn't feeling it, I wasn't feeling it). I also told him I didn't think it was right of me to know this and then have him spend money on me this week. He wanted to bring me roses for Valentines and take me out somewhere special. Now, that is nice, but I don't like people spending money on me in the first place, but especially if I knew I didn't have feelings for them. Anyway, he said he didn't like 'breaking up', but there isn't really anything he could do to respect my wishes.  Update two. Now, I don't know if I have blogged before about my dad giving my phone number out before or not...but he does!  I guess I should be great full. Anyway, this kid Cody called me a few weeks ago and we had a 'date' scheduled. I was a little nervous because he is 22 and I am 26. Sometimes I just feel like an old hag. Anyway, he ended up not calling me to solidify plans and I was ok with that. Well, the other night my dad came home and said I would be mad, but he went to this kids place of employment and he wasn't there. So, my dad left his card with my number on it and also gave my number to his brother and grandma. I know, my dad is pretty awesome (not sure if this should be a sarcastic comment or not...yet). Anyway, he text me yesterday and asked if I wanted to go out. So, as you know from a previous post, I decided I was done dating...and then here comes a new dating opportunity! We went to a really good Brazilian place in Salt Lake, and it being Valentines Weekend, there were roses, candles, and red table cloths. Kind of awkward for a first date, but it is what it is. Anyway, I found him pretty attractive, but lets face it...it probably won't work. And no, I am not being a pessimist here. It wasn't an awkward date, but at the same time it was. Anyway, we talked about monster trucks and I told them they were coming and he said he would like to go. I may or may not invite him for the Friday night show, but if I do and he says yes....you will hear about it:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment